Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default Sash window won't stay up

Hello all.

When I raise that window, it won't stay up (no big deal), so I use a block
of wood. I think that I can assume (correctly) that the weight of that "bit
of metal" at the end of the cord is too low.
Now, I'm fairly sure that I saw a website some time ago which supplied some
"slide on" additional weights. I believe that they were circular metal discs
with a slot (the slot ending at the centre of the disk).
Am I imagining this? Can anyone come up with a supplier, or with some decent
alternative solution.

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain.