Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Moen 82470 no cold water pressure

Ben wrote:
I recently installed the model Moen 82470 in my bathroom. I had to
switch from a 3 control valve to a one control valve. I did all the
soldering myself and everything works fine...well almost. I have no cold
water pressure. I mean almost none. There is only a trickle of water
that comes out.

I've taken it apart and tested the cold water line for pressure without
the valve, and when I put the valve on I have no cold water pressure.
This is the second one I tried installing thinking that the first one I
purchased was defective.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anybody point me in the right
direction to look?

Thank you,

Ben

is it an anti-scald valve? if so, are both hot and cold on and is the
temperature setting properly set?