Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default Gluing plexiglass to polyethylene

In article ,
says...
Ain't gonna work with glue. Even if you get it to stick at first, a week of
sunlight and UV, and/or a week of winter temps, the first time somebody even
brushes against it, it'll pop apart. Overlap the materials and use
mechanical fasteners [snip]

Seconded. In my experience nothing bonds properly with polyethylene.

Just a thought: it might be a plastic welding business could do it, but I am
not sure if/how well polyethylene welds. Might be worth trying to find out
though (I am thinking of welding a lip to the p.e. that mechanically holds the
plexiglass, then sealing with clear silicone for instance.

I have got silicone to stick to p.e. but I wouldn't trust it to have any
mechanical strength.

-Peter