Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Jigsaw speeds

Grunff wrote:
Sally B wrote:
I am trying to cut 40mm thick Maple worktop with an oldish Bosch 450w
jigsaw and new Bosch bimetal 'clean for hardwood' T101BRF blade, but
the saw keeps kicking/jumping off the work, despite my holding it down
firmly. I have a feeling that the speed of the blade affects things,
but can't find any information about it. Can anyone offer advice?
Someone has suggested to me that Festool FSG blades would be better.

There is no way to get a decent cut through 40mm worktop with your
jigsaw - sorry :-(

You need either a circular saw or a router. Even a really good jigsaw
would struggle through that.

Agreed. Cut with a hand saw and use a router for show edges afterwards
to plane level.