Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Gluing plexiglass to polyethylene

"blueman" wrote in message
I would like to glue a 7" wide extension strip of 1/8" PLEXIGLASS to a
POLYETHYLENE window well cover.

My understanding is that many/most glues do not stick well to
polyethylene.

Any suggestions on type of glue and technique for bonding PLEXIGLASS
to clear, smooth POLYETHYLENE?

Ain't gonna work with glue. Even if you get it to stick at first, a week of
sunlight and UV, and/or a week of winter temps, the first time somebody even
brushes against it, it'll pop apart. Overlap the materials and use
mechanical fasteners. For plexi and poly, I'd use pop rivets with big-ass
washers on both sides to keep them from tearing out. If you need moisture
seal, a couple beads of pretty much any caulking between the layers will
work. To keep it pretty, I'd use a clear variety.

aem sends....