Posted to alt.home.repair
coolerdoctor coolerdoctor is offline

Default Need to connect 1/4

First off -- DO NOT USE DRIP IRRIGATION TUBING!!!! It is not designed to
hold the pressure! When it gets warm in the sun it will burst! I have had
customers tell me it has happened to them.

In the cooler parts department of Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, and True Value
all sell a "hose bibb adapter valve" that screws onto your existing hose
bibb valve as you would a hose. This adapter valve looks and works just
like another hose bibb valve so you can still connect a hose. It also has
a threaded hole in the side for a 1/4 inch connector for the tubing to go
to your cooler. This adaptor valve is made specificly for this purpose.

As far as copper vs poly tubing... poly is cheaper but usually doesn't last
as long as copper. Just make sure that you get the correct connectors to
the adaptor for the tube material that you choose. Mineral build-up is
usually not a problem with the copper line that feeds to the cooler.

To learn more service and repair information on evaporative coolers, visit:
www.easycoolercare.com

Larry Galpin
The Cooler Doctor

Service, Repair & Enhance the Performance of Your Cooler Yourself and Save
$100s Every Year!