Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tmod700@gmail.com is offline

Default Bowing of screen on Sony Trinitron Flatscreen 17" Monitor

Morse wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the feedback Art,

Any idea what it might cost to have a service person look at it?

It is bowed up in the middle about 1/8". I don't know if that is
considered alot in the monitor industry but it drives me crazy.

It's annoying, but most monitor and TV manufacturers do not provide for N-S
pincushion correction. I've seen and corrected some quite nasty cases
(strangely enough- on Sonys!) by adjusting the up/down position of the yoke
with rubber wedges, but this usually affects the top geometry as well, which
may or may not be desirable.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

Oddly enough it doesn't really have the bow on the top of the screen.

It seems to all be on the bottom.

So would adjusting the yoke possibly take care of the bottom bowing
without affecting the top much?

Tmod