Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LRod LRod is offline

Default Essay type posts.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:36:53 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

Now that blogs are part of the net, I wonder if a blog offers a more
appropriate venue for longer essay type posts and subsequent
discussions than a news group.

I would appreciate some impersonal guidance and opinion re longer essay
type posts to this ng now that blogs are here.

While I confess I don't read them, I certainly don't mind their
presence. I have a big DEL key and an active finger, as do most
other users clever enough to be on usenet so the presence of yours or
any other's essays (particularly since they're on topic) can't
possibly be a hardship on anyone.

I think the absolute wrong thing to do would be to dilute the
collective wisdom to scattered venues throughout cyberspace which may
or may not come to the attention of those most needing it.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.