Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence Owen Lawrence is offline

Default table saw wheels

I have a table saw I want to put wheels on to move it around.
Rather than having a frame setup with all 4 wheels, I would rather
have wheels on the back legs and two pipes like a wheelbarrow setup
to move it around.
I would welcome any ideas.

Check out
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/produ...10830061151850,
the first table saw on the page. It's got two swivel wheels attached to two
of the legs. The picture's not that great but basically the wheels are
retractable by pushing against a metal lever with your foot, and a different
leaver to push the wheels down.

When I bought my saw it came with two of these. You could move the saw
around just as you described. I put them on, moved my saw a couple of times
like that, and then went back to the store and bought two more. Having
wheels on all four legs makes a HUGE difference to how easily and how
accurately you can move your saw around. Table saws are heavy, and they
don't get any lighter as they age (a-hem!).

My only complaint with my particular set is that the bolts supplied were
probably not the right size so the nuts get loose, and the way they attach
to the legs is kind of strange so they're hard to keep tight. But I think
that's a separate issue for you.

- Owen -