Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall?

Any number of books on the subject at the home centers.

It requires practice and patience.

The correct tools and correct mud and tape will make a
large difference. (there are many different muds)

Read and ask lots of questions.

Do a little reading on the subject:

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/drywall.html

Cindy wrote:
Hello,

We're about to remove some paneling that has sheetrock underneath. Our guess is
there was never any taping done to it or it will need major repair from the
paneling coming off. I've never attempted this before and although everything
looks fairly straightforward on TV, is this something a DYI'er could accomplish
fairly easily?

Thanks,

Cindy