Posted to alt.home.repair
dewey dewey is offline

Default Gas boiler transformer blown

Mikepier wrote:
When you checked the Xfrmr, did you check it with the wires still
connected to the secondary? If so, disconnect the load on the secondary
side and then check the voltage. There could have been a short on the
load side which brings the voltage to 0V.
If you still get 0v on the secondary, but you get 110V on the primary,
then the Xfrmr is probably gone.

Well it turns out the previous owners had a contract with NStar that
was still in effect so we called them in. Then it turns out that there
is a trip in the circuit to the thermostat. No way to know if I tripped
it while changing the old thermostat or if it was already tripped
prior. Service tech reset the switch and we are set to go. In fact, he
said with the new thermo, there is no need for the trip as there is no
chance of overloading that circuit so he took it out.