Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Coloring wall with different colors

"Vimal" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the effect of doing different color on two
of the four walls.

I have seen it in some rooms, and I was planning to do white on the
celining and on the two walls. The other two walls being some light
creame shade, these walls are opposite to each other and window in one
and a door in another one, both windows and doors are pine color. The
room is small about 11' by 10'.

I am wondering what effect does it give to the room, like does it make
it look modern, un-traditional when two walls have different color than
the other two of the four walls.

Often one or 2 walls will be a different color, which is sometimes referred
to as an "accent wall". It's quite modern, but if you choose odd colors the
effect might be strange. In your case, I'm wondering if the effect will be
strange, since the 2 colors are so close. It might even seem like it is
just a lighting or shadow effect, and depending on the amount of contrast
might not be very noticeable. Or it might be noticeable enough for someone
to think "weird". Then again, maybe not. In this case I don't think it
will be possible to tell unless you actually finish it.

Another option is to pick a color with more contrast, then try just one wall
at first. You might like it enough to leave it at that.