Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Aluminum Wireing

Born2 wrote:
I have a house with Aluminum wiring throughout. My electrician
replace all plugs and switches with new ones. Tightened up the
electrical box. My electrician said it will need to be tightened in
anther 30yrs because of how soft the aluminum wire is, which is fine
for me.
A few people (Home Inspector / Another electrician) told me I should
replace it with copper because of a fire hazard.

I'm going with my friend electrician who says its fine for another
30yrs.
Thoughts?

It it was properly done using proper materials, you should be fine for
those 30 years. At my age, I don't worry about 30 years from now. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit