Posted to uk.d-i-y
xena xena is offline

Default Use car headlights for lighting field shelter?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:12:16 +0100, xena wrote:

I will shortly have a field shelter, 12"x24" with an apex roof, for my
two horses.

These are toy horses? One foot by two foot seems a bit small for real
ones. B-)

1) Are there any bits of the plan that are a bit blonde?

The size of the shelter?

Was just checking you're all awake... :blush: I obviously wasn't D

Others have covered everything else and I'd also suggest 12v flourescent
over car headlights. You'll get nicer light for longer. I got an small
square all plastic (won't rust...) 12v flourescent lamp from CPC for the
garden shed. Produces as much light as at least a 60W mains bulb but
draws only an amp @ 12v.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?SKU=LA00362

You guys all got shares in CPC or something??!! Well at least I'll know
what to ask for for birthday and Christmas presents...

Ta for the advice but I'd rather go for fluorescent lights over flourescent,
might get a bit dusty... g
Seriously, a lot of it will come down to finances, I'll know what I can buy
after I've finished this flipping tax return!

Cheers everyone!