Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Use car headlights for lighting field shelter?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:12:16 +0100, xena wrote:

I will shortly have a field shelter, 12"x24" with an apex roof, for my
two horses.

These are toy horses? One foot by two foot seems a bit small for real
ones. B-)

1) Are there any bits of the plan that are a bit blonde?

The size of the shelter?

Others have covered everything else and I'd also suggest 12v flourescent
over car headlights. You'll get nicer light for longer. I got an small
square all plastic (won't rust...) 12v flourescent lamp from CPC for the
garden shed. Produces as much light as at least a 60W mains bulb but
draws only an amp @ 12v.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...sp?SKU=LA00362

--
Cheers