Posted to uk.d-i-y
xena xena is offline

Default Use car headlights for lighting field shelter?

"Grumpy owd man" wrote in message

Also have a look at CPC rechargeable floodlight. Lasts for hours and is
detachable from the base unit. It
can also be used to power other 12v appliances from it's built in ciggie
lighter socket.

Cheers, just the bit extra I needed to spend to get free delivery on the
striplights :-/
The search brings up two:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search2/b...questid=240765

I guess yours is the more expensive one (£40)? The top one is a tenner and
might do the trick - it's 6v and comes with a 12v adaptor.

Well that's what I did for our field shelter, and it's
worked for years. and my missus is V V V picky when it comes to her
horses! Me?, she is not that bothered about!! HTH

g I'm happy to have advice from someone who has done exactly what I'm
trying to do! Any other great tips and tricks you've found out? Like cheap
ways to avoid a quagmire in the winter?!

Cheers )