Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

Default How to get an exact paint match?

In message , MM
writes
I don't want to have to repaint an entire wall because of one or two
hairline cracks.

I believe I am right in saying that the Dulux paint matching service
only matches to the closest Dulux colour.

How hard is it to tint a colour to get an exact match? Or a match as
near as dammit so that only close inspection would reveal a
difference.

The colour is currently building industry standard magnolia, matt
emulsion.

In the past I've matched colours by cleaning the wall and matching to
the closest colour on the "mix your own colour" sample cards, if the
colour's slightly out you can feather then new paint into the old over a
few inches. If you are able to paint up to internal or external corners
you can get away with murder in colour difference. Having said all that
I've just done a repair on some magnolia walls of unknown paint source
using a can of new magnolia of the same sheen and it really was all but
unnoticeable.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk