Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Bypassing Electric Meter

"Al Moran" wrote in message

I have no intentions of trying it. Just curious how you would do it
and still be alive to talk about it.

There are lots of times work is done on hot systems. Many precautions need
to be done but essentially wearing the correct protective equipment
(gloves, isolation mats, etc...) presents a pretty safe environment. How
do you think those guys working on the high voltage power distribution lines
do it? They certainly don't shut the line down for some routine
maintenance (depends on the maintenance I suppose). Personally, I wouldn't
want to do it but that's why those guys make the money they do.
Cheers,
cc