Posted to alt.home.repair
p4o2 p4o2 is offline

Default Whirlpool cloths washer will not pump out

p4o2 wrote:
p4o2 wrote:
professorpaul wrote:
Any chance that it ate a sock?? Kinked drain hose?

No I don't think so. Drain hose is clear. Inlet to "in Hose" of pump is
clear.

Looking at the Whirpool parts list and pics for LSQ8520JQ1, I can not
see why the water is not being pumped out "continusously". 1) pump is
direct drive (I guess it runs all the time) 2) no valves in inlet or
outlet to pump! What am I missing?

The only thing I see different in the pics is that the shaft for the
pump looks like it is attached to the pump. When I took the pump off
the shaft stayed in the motor?

NEVER MIND, NEVER MIND, NEVER MIND

Took the pump off again. Shaft does stay in mortor. It is apparent NOW,
that the "mortor" is two motors. One to spin, and one to pump the water
out (in the same housing) My pump motor is shot or the control is not
working from the timer.

Time for a new washer!