Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ancient_Hacker Ancient_Hacker is offline

Default Diode Identification

wrote:
I have a diode which I can't seem to find any information on. I've
tried all the usual sites and no-one seems to have any matching part
numbers.

Its from a LCD monitor power supply - from the recifier circuit (as far
as I can tell) - its was connected to a 400V cap which is also blown if
that helps any.

If that was a 400 volt electrolytic capacitor, and the diode is
"small", that likely places the diode on the line-voltage side of the
power supply. That makes things a lot easier. It doesnt have to be
particularly fast. Just able to handle 2 times 1.414 times the line
voltage. So a plain old 1N4007 should work fine.

If it was like a 0.05uF 400 volt capacitor, and the diode is "bigger",
like a typical 3-amp diode, then it's more likely on the high-frequency
side of the PS. Then you'll need a faster diode. There are tons of
them around, check out the 1N51xx line.