Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim \(back at home\) tim \(back at home\) is offline

Default Unwanted roof tiles (Belgian glazed)

"Lobster" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Vortex wrote:
I am the proud owner of about 140 Belgian "Koramic" roof tiles,
glazed in green. These things will be skipped in a few weeks, unless
I can find a good home for them!

Why skip em? I think I'd rather get at least 25GBP on ebay for
them,rather
than dump them.

Agreed - or a reclamation yard might have them (but with ebay even if you
only get 99p for them, at least the buyer gets to physically lug them into
his transport rather than you having to shift them and pay for skip
space!).

Interestingly I've recently found ebay to be by far the best way of
disposing of large 'collection-only' stuff (eg white goods and other
consumer durables, building stuff) - far better than the local paper or
newsagent window.

I got rid of mine using the local freecycle (yahoo group).

Unfortunately, now that I have moved and am in the
position of 'wanting' something I have nothing left
to 'offer' (you have to 'offer' first and all the offers
I made in the old town don't count).

tim