Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Henderson Steve Henderson is offline

Default Small engine...starts with starter fluid, but won't keep running

BTDT. Darin all the gas from the tank and fuel bowl. Put a few ounces
of carb cleaner in it. Remove the plug wire and give it a few pulls.
Let it sit for a few hours. Add fresh gas, reconnect plug wire and try
again. This should do it. If it doesn't you'll have to disassemble the
carb and detail clean it.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'll try them, and let you know what
happens. I know this much... I WILL drain the gas out of all my small
engines this fall.

Steve