Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default A Seasonal Plague--Help!

On 11 Aug 2006 12:55:26 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ron"
quickly quoth:

For some reason, each summer this house we moved into about seven years
ago, goes through a infestation of flies which inexplicably seem to
love to circle around in our kitchen for the most part. We spray, kill
them off, then the next day there's more of them circling around in the
kitchen and now we also have moths everywhere.

Google for "cluster flies". My neighbor just had those for the first
time last Winter.

Does anybody know why the flies seem to focus on the kitchen (which is
spotless) and just circle around in there or know what to do about
killing off the moths?

The last time Mom had beaucoup moths, it was from an old box of grain
which a mouse had opened. It took about two months after we found and
removed that for the last of the moths to stop flying around. I'm glad
it wasn't my house. g

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)