Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default How do I reslant a concrete slab/patio?

Pete C. wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Karen wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Do I need help! I have a concrete slab/patio area that is against
the back of my home, and every time it rains, this patio becomes
somewhat of a moat. I have ready mix concrete, and I was wondering
how I can create a slant on the existing concrete so the water
won't build up towards the house, and I won't have a moat anymore.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Karen

I suggest a commercial "mud jacking" company. They will drill
a few holes about 2" and then pump a concrete mix into them lifting
the existing slab.

If you want to try and fix the grade by adding something to the
top, I suggest that adding anything less that 2" at the lowest end
and more everywhere else is the only way to keep it from breaking up
in a short time.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Mud jacking a slab is only viable if the slab is fairly thick. A patio
slab is likely too thin to mud jack without simply breaking it up.

Good point.

Short of replacing the entire slab a viable option may be to cut out a
4" wide strip of the slab by the house and install a section of the
fairly inexpensive plastic strip drain and of course a drain line from
one end of it out to a suitable discharge area.

Good thinking.

Pete C.

--
Joseph Meehan