Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Hissing Well Casing

My well casing hisses too as the pump draws down water and air rushes in
from above ground to equalize pressure. After the pump shuts off it stops
for a while and then starts hissing out as the water flows in down at the
pump level and refills the casing. That's normal for MY well and it's been
doing it for 29 years, but I don't know what's "normal" for yours or why you
think there's water spraying. That would definitely NOT be normal.

Dave

"ENGLISH" wrote in message
Hi: Heard a hissing sound in the well casing, which looks to be water
spraying into the casing above the water level. It stops as soon as the
pump
is no longer called on to supply water to the house. I don't know if this
is
'normal' or it is a leaking valve/fitting/washer. The pump doesn't quick
cycle and seems to working as it has for 20 years. What's going on?