Posted to rec.woodworking

Default table saw wheels

In article . com,
wrote:
I have a table saw I want to put wheels on to move it around.
Rather than having a frame setup with all 4 wheels, I would rather
have wheels on the back legs and two pipes like a wheelbarrow setup
to move it around.
I would welcome any ideas.
I really like this forum. Especially the thread of doing work for
*friends*.
That was an eye opener for me as I have been in the same position
of helping friends who don't seem to appreciate fixin' help unless it's
free.

Get a set of wheels with axle, or a pair of largish casters if your
floor is smooth enough, and mount them outside 2 of the legs, so that
the wheels are just barely off the ground. Then when you lift from the
opposite side, they will pivot down to the floor. I used to have my
contractor saw set up like this and used the fence rails as the
"wheelbarrow" handles. Worked OK but when in the rolling position the
ends of the fence rails too high compared to a real wheelbarrow's
handles.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland