Ted Edwards

Default SFPM dilema and some questions on homemade bandsaw

Wild Bill wrote:

I've pondered making a couple of tables with guide slots, but haven't gotten
around to making them yet.

When I went to work on an old wood cutting bandsaw, I started by reading
up on bandsaws. It seems that the bandsaw that cuts dead straight in
the plane of the blade has yet to be invented so instead of a table with
guide slots, I made a flat table and supplied myself with a piece of
angle and two C clamps. A careful test cut allows me to draw a line on
the table in the direction the saw cuts. This changes slowly with use
on a given blade and also changes from blade to blade. The line is
easily erased and re-drawn. My experience with my metal cutting bandsaw
has been similar.

Ted