Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Line noise

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:38:41 -0400, "Bob" wrote:

There are 4 types of alarms. Black out, Under Voltage, High Voltage and
Electrical Noise.

You would know a black out, a brown out and both would damage when
power is restored. A good APC saved our network once when a brown out
surged.

Its says in the help....

Electrical noise is unwanted electromagnetic energy that goes to the
battery backup from your AC utility power.

Nothing around huh? Walkie-Talkie radios, chargers, magnets...?

This energy lowers the quality of signals and data.

Yes

Its origin could be an electrical transformer in your area, for example,
or a power generator.

Or something smaller.

When there is too much noise, your battery backup intervenes by supplying
battery power.

Is this APC plugged into the wall directly?

Does that mean there is nothing I can do except purchase a line conditioner?
Can the power company do anything about this?

How is this APC connected to devices (?PC).

Oren