Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default How do I reslant a concrete slab/patio?

Karen wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Do I need help! I have a concrete slab/patio area that is against the
back of my home, and every time it rains, this patio becomes somewhat
of a moat. I have ready mix concrete, and I was wondering how I can
create a slant on the existing concrete so the water won't build up
towards the house, and I won't have a moat anymore.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Karen

I suggest a commercial "mud jacking" company. They will drill a few
holes about 2" and then pump a concrete mix into them lifting the existing
slab.

If you want to try and fix the grade by adding something to the top, I
suggest that adding anything less that 2" at the lowest end and more
everywhere else is the only way to keep it from breaking up in a short time.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit