Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default LV premium hollow mortising chisels + bits?

"Andy" wrote:

I'm planning on getting a mortising attachment for the dp (I know, I
know, a dedicated machine is better, but I don't have money or space
right now).

snip

SFWIW, a drill press mortising attachment gets a lot of bad press
around here.

So much so that I used a good forstner bit in a drill press followed
by a 4 flute bottom end mill to do the chisel work.

Very acceptable for my work; however, next time around probably use
the plunge router with an up spiral bit.

In any event it won't be a drill press mounted mortising attachment.

Lew