Posted to rec.woodworking
C&S C&S is offline

Default table saw wheels

I used to have exactly that. it worked well. It was one of the higher end
craftsman contractor saws of the day. The bottom not only a mobile base but
also a dust collection bin. The design was basically a box, with a door, to
catch sawdust and four legs. The rear legs has wheels on the end. It stayed
put just fine (probably because the design carried most of it's weight on
the front stationary feet.

The box was as wide as the saw "cabinet", but deeper (front to back). The
rear legs extended up behind the motor to support side by side rollers.It
was made with 2x4's OSB.

This design improved on the standard base by providing mobility, dust
catching, and providing permanent support about 10 inches beyond the of the
table.

The idea was shamefully ripped off from my fathers stand... Mine was the
KISS version of his; he had and actual drawer for dust catching, a, drawer
for blade storage, and under-wing shelves for fence storage. The least
obvious dfference was the he incuded a pull-out iron pipe, used to lever the
whole thing up onto the back wheels.

Regards,

Steve

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a table saw I want to put wheels on to move it around.
Rather than having a frame setup with all 4 wheels, I would rather
have wheels on the back legs and two pipes like a wheelbarrow setup
to move it around.
I would welcome any ideas.
I really like this forum. Especially the thread of doing work for
*friends*.
That was an eye opener for me as I have been in the same position
of helping friends who don't seem to appreciate fixin' help unless it's
free.