Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Freezer operation at low ambient temperatures?

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...

We've got a 35 yar old Electrolux chest freezer, it spent it's first 10
years in the house, then 12 years in an outside (brick) shed, we moved
house and was going to bin it but decided at the last minute to 'run it
into the ground', IE keep it until it fell apart, it's been in this shed
for the last 13 years and is still going strong, obviously the lid has had
to be painted with white gloss paint a few times, but I can't say it's
ever 'not funtioned properly', neither in the depths of winter nor in the
recent heatwave (or the one in '76!)

Ah, they don't make 'em like they used to!

We run everything into the ground before we replace it. Including each
other!

Mary