Posted to alt.home.repair
Ether Jones Ether Jones is offline

Default ice maker broken

badgolferman wrote:
My Frigidaire top-freezer refrigerator ice maker is broken. It will
not make ice. The freezer had been left open this past weekend for a
period of time by the babysitter. I suppose that has something to do
with it. What should I check for when I go home?

It's possible that it iced up. Is there any way you can empty the
fridge and freezer and unplug it with the doors open for 4 hours?

(If you have a second fridge, or a garage/basement freezer, or a
friendly and helpful neighbor or two perhaps this would be feasible)

Silver lining on the cloud: you could give the fridge and freezer a
thorough cleaning; get all that spilled milk and juice and dried food
wiped up.