Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I reslant a concrete slab/patio?

"Karen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

Do I need help! I have a concrete slab/patio area that is against the
back of my home, and every time it rains, this patio becomes somewhat
of a moat. I have ready mix concrete, and I was wondering how I can
create a slant on the existing concrete so the water won't build up
towards the house, and I won't have a moat anymore.

Any suggestions would be great!

Sounds like a major project. Perhaps the original slab settled a bit or
never had the right pitch. There is no easy way of putting a thin coating on
top and have it last. You may be able to put a little right next tot he
house but that will only keep it away a few inches from where the two meet.

How big is the area?