Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default Need some tips for making window screens, please.

I have a project to make a few solar screens for the house. The size
is roughly 6' x 3' and frame will be 1/2" x 5/16" aluminum (the stuff
that Home Depot sells)

Last week I made some that were smaller and, with my girlfriend's help,
was able to get the fabric reasonably taut and they looked good. Later
I tried a couple by myself and it was quite a struggle and didn't turn
out quite as well as I would have liked.

If someone would like to share some tips for keeping the fabric taut,
while getting the spline in all by yourself, I would really appreciate
it.

Lewis.

******