Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default table saw wheels

Hey Doo,
My old Craftsman had a set of "two position" wheels on the back legs.
In its stationary mode, the wheels did not make floor contact but if
you lifted the table up at the rear you could set the wheels in a lower
rung thus allowing them to roll on the floor. Then just lift the table
at the front and wheel it around. The legs felt flimsy when I moved it
so I braced the legs all the way around with 2x 4 held in place with 2
3/8 inch bollts at each corner.
You don't mention what model saw it is but I'm inferring that it is not
a cabinet saw since you mentioned legs. I have not seen these wheels
any other place than Sears but I am sure they exist.
Marc

wrote:
I have a table saw I want to put wheels on to move it around.
Rather than having a frame setup with all 4 wheels, I would rather
have wheels on the back legs and two pipes like a wheelbarrow setup
to move it around.
I would welcome any ideas.
I really like this forum. Especially the thread of doing work for
*friends*.
That was an eye opener for me as I have been in the same position
of helping friends who don't seem to appreciate fixin' help unless it's
free.