Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Extractor fan in bathroom.

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On 27 Aug 2006 14:13:36 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

small bathroom fans are really hopeless anyway, and not even worth
switching on at bathtime.

Along with others, I disagree. A small in-line fan which extracts
directly above the bath does a good job of removing much of the
steam all year round. Replacement air comes from diagonally
opposite.

Ours is fitted in the wall vent which isn't near the bath but over the sink.
The humidistat itself, however, is close to the bath - isn't that more
important?

When out of the bath there is usually little point burning
electricity to remove the last of the humidity, that is what the
window opens for.

Ours doesn't but the door does and is usually open - except when I'm in the
bath :-)

There's some humidity in all air in the house though if only from breathing,
that doesn't mean it's damp.

Mary