Kirk Gordon

Default OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

Ed Huntress wrote:

You still don't get it. Let's try one more time. Arson is a crime in the US,
but it isn't counted in our National Crime Index. Neither are drug offenses,
fraud, simple assault, or many other categories.

None of them are reported to Interpol; none of them are counted in our
federal Uniform Crime Reporting system. When you see the figure for the US
of 4160 crimes/100,000 population (2001), as reported in UCR and by
Interpol, IT DOESN'T INCLUDE THOSE CRIMES.

I guess I must have missed something while taking a shower and
washing out my eyes after reading one of Gunner's posts. Arson isn't
reported as a crime in the National Crime Index? And fraud isn't? And
drug offenses aren't? Drug offenses?? Right in the middle of a
national war on drugs, we're not even keeping score??

And there are similar kinds of selectivity in other countries'
reporting of crimes? But we're still spending megabytes of bandwidth to
debate the idea that one place or another has a higher/lower crime rate,
and to argue about how an armed (or not) population does or doesn't
affect all these numbers that we can't compare, standardize, or accept
with certainty in the first place?

****! If THAT kind of logic is permissible, then I'm going to make
a fortune selling drill grinders. My competitors won't know what hit them!

"The average paint on my machines is 75% THICKER than the film of
oil on the slideways on my competitor's machines. Thicker is better!"

"I use high only quality iron castings for the critical structural
parts of my grinder, but my competitors use cheap PLASTIC for the keypad
buttons on their controls. That's an IMPORTANT difference!"

"My competitors claim that their machines will position at 800 IPM
in rapid mode; but my machines have been clocked at over 76 THOUSAND
inches per minute, (72 miles per hour), while being delivered by truck
to customers' plants. Clearly, only a fool would think the competitor's
machine makes any sense at all."

I can't WAIT to try this out on my customers. They'll be SO
impressed! I'll probably need a gun to protect myself while I'm
carrying all my money to the bank!

KG
--
I'm sick of spam.
The 2 in my address doesn't belong there.