Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Italian Mason Italian Mason is offline

Default insulation after drywall for ceiling? or before?

this is way more work..... not to mention trying to manuver in the
attic space and not putting a foot or leg through the celing.. Another
alternative to think of is blown in insulation the COCOON brand
(recycled paper treated) is way less exspensive than bats and you can
do it yourself with a rental unit.

wrote:
I am about to drywall and insulate my detached garage ceiling. Instead
of stapling the kraft faced pink fiberglass insulation to the ceiling
joists, I was thinking I could save a step by sheetrocking the ceiling
first and then dropping in the insulation (paper side down) and save
myself the stapling. Will I have a vapor barrier issue, or is this a
bad Idea?