Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Henderson Steve Henderson is offline

Default Small engine...starts with starter fluid, but won't keep running

It's in good condition, and ran fine last time I tried, but it's on a
Ex-cell VR2400 Pressure washer, and hasn't been started for two seasons.
Now that I need it, can't keep it running. Won't even "hit" without
starter fluid. Any thoughts about what to do about this problem? It's a
6.0 HP engine. Not worn - I'd be surprised if it has more than 20
life-time hours on the machine. AND, I did put it to bed two years ago
with stablizer - but haven't looked at it since.

I know, It's my fault for not running it last season, but what can I do
about it now?

As long as I give it a spurt of starter fluid every 5 to 10 seconds, it
runs, but won't run on the (fresh) gasoline we put in it at all.