Posted to alt.home.repair
harlen harlen is offline

Default Oil spots after washing/drying clothes/laundry

wrote in message
ups.com...
In 2003 this discussion thread gave a few insights but hopefully I can
get more updated information. I was getting oil spots on my clothes
periodically, new Tshirts, cotton especially effected. I bought a
new-used washer and dryer and the problem continues. I tried
separating wash then line dry and wash then machine dry. It is so
intermittent hard to pinbpoint. I do not use softener dryer sheets (one
suggested problem). I have a lot of ruined clothing! But what a hassle
to have a W/D and still pump money in a laundramat. Any experience in
this problem appreciated!

This happened before in our Maytag washer. I had to remove the agitator
(made of plastic) and clean the underside of the agitator and tub portion
covered by the agitator. The oil spots went away. BTW, the agitator was
stuck and hard to remove.