Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Bill is offline

Default For whom the lathes turn. Musing about what and for whom weturn.

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:22:59 -0700, mac davis wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:48:29 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

Arch.. I know that I'm not Joe Average, but I could care less what other
turners think about my stuff....

Pretty much all of my work is for sale but I take the attitude that a part
that takes me too long to make counts toward my education. When things go
well, I earn good money. When I don't know what I am doing and things slow
to a crawl while I learn them ... well, the difference in pay is my
tuition for the day.

AFter perhaps a hundred pens over the past two years, I'm just now
starting to get good with CA. But I can get a pen off the lathe in under
30 minutes now if things go well. OTOH, sometimes I spend two hours making
something that ultimately ends up in the "turn the wood off / keep the
brass" box.

So be it.

I've always relished the challenge to 'get good' with something. This is
just one more go 'round of that.

Bill