Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Can my breaker box affect my electric bill?

Kravynn wrote:
Im pretty confident that the AC is not the issue. It was replaced with
a new unit inside and out (new digital thermostat as well). The house
stays cold, unusually cold. I dont understand why my electric bill is
more now with a new AC unit set on 80 and feeling like 50, than it was
with the old one set on 60 and the house staying at a temp of 80-85.

Doesn't matter. D'ja hear the respondent(s) who said to measure the
temps. Get a thermometer, and do it. Then find out what the t-stat is
doing- meaning have a pro do it.

It's obvious, even here, that if the house is being kept at extremely
low temp, with probably no insulation, and questionable sealing, that
you're going to run the a/c pretty hard to handle the heat invading the
place. I'm totally confident of that. :')

You've gotten lots of good advice, but seem immune.

HTH,