Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can my breaker box affect my electric bill?

"Kravynn" wrote in message

My brother is in Colorado, so I called him to ask what he thought. The
house was built in the 50s, since it was built there have been 2 rooms
with electric, a laundry room with electric and an AC unit added (all
in the 70s). The breaker box has not been updated, his though was that
we are pulling more power than the main is "used" to and its working
harder.

There is not tactful way to say this, but your brother is wrong. The main
is not "used to" anything. The meter is what determines the bill and what
passes through it is the power used.