Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Zoom Modem capacitor value needed

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:01:17 GMT, George put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Zoom model 3025
Two ceramic caps have exploaded (lightning hit). I can read 221, but
can't read the fourth number on either cap, due to that piece is gone.
The cap is rated as 1KV. The modem still works, caller ID and still
will connect to the internet, but will only connect at 14.4 or less
and has a hum on the line. So it's worth replacing the caps. Not
sure if they could be 2200 pf, 220pf. I can tell there is a marking
after the 221, but can't make it out. I can't find any caps rated at
1KV that start with 221.
Thanks

These are RF suppression caps, probably connected between each of the
tip and ring inputs and case ground.

- Franc Zabkar