Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Extractor fan in bathroom.

In message . com,
writes
chris French wrote:
In message . com,
writes
klkbloke wrote:

Partially blocking these vents is not a good idea.

We had a similar arrangement in our old house, the internal airbrick was
covered over in the renovations, never caused a problem.

sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt, doesnt make it a good idea.

Well I think it means you should think about it before doing it

The went is this case would have ended up on the shower wall which
wasn't really welcome. It presumably was to provide some fixed
ventilation into the bathroom or WC - can't remember - we knocked them
together.

The fan was going to provide suitable ventilation to the room, and the
outside vent was still left in place. Though the house had other air
bricks to provide ventilation of the cavity
--
Chris French