Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default is it safe to continue a 30amp wire from the existing outlet * ( for dryer )

failedaircare-man wrote:
is it safe to continue a 30amp wire from the existing outlet * ( for
dryer )

i just moved my dryer/washer to a separate room. So , what I did was
puchased a 20 ft. long 30amp wire and ran it from the existing outlet
to the new location.

Is it a safe thing to do? or should I run a whole new wire from the
panel?

If you are talking about an extension cord, I would vote against that.
I believe it may be a code violation as well and if so could compromise your
home fire insurance.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit