Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike_in_SD Mike_in_SD is offline

Default Home compressor question

I bought a craftsman industrial upright compressor the other day.

To get it home, I laid it down in the back of my truck.

When I got it home, I set it up and removed the oil check/fill plug.

The oil just FLOWED out of this hole. I quickly put the plug back
in.

I always thought that when you removed this plug .. that the oil
should be just at the top of the opening .. or .. at least be able to
be touched pushing your little finger into the hole.

do you think I should just open it and let it run level with the hole ?

one more thing .. I ran it a bit .. (ran real nice) .. but when I
opened the drain valve on the bottom .. after a BUNCH of water came
out .. some water mixed with oil came out.

should I worry about this.

and .. do you think that either of these things might have
been caused by laying it down.

thanks
mike