Wild Bill

Default SFPM dilema and some questions on homemade bandsaw

I've pondered making a couple of tables with guide slots, but haven't gotten
around to making them yet.

I think the way I'll approach the fabrication is to use 2 thinner plates
(maybe 1/8") on each side of a bar. If the slot wouldn't be deep enough, the
bar could have a slot milled in it.
The plates could be welded to the bar, or attached with flat head
countersunk screws (which could be filled with epoxy to avoid collecting
chips in them).

Some reinforcement ribs could be added where needed. I'll most likely frame
the underside of the tables with bar stock.

WB

The table is still one item that I need to dio a bit of thinking on. I
wiuld like to be able to mill it out so I can use a push type rip
fence so it looks like a piece of steel plate or perhaps 1/2"
thickness is in order, so if anyone has any other suggestions on a
table they would also be appreciated. I already have a mitre / rip
gauge from a large Delta belt / disk sander that I would like to use.