Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] peicku@gmail.com is offline

Default Swimming pool D.E. filter clogging problem

I have this pool for a few years and never experienced many issues.
Even the Backwash valve kind of stuck and I always take out the entire
filer grids and washed that way without backwashed first. A few weeks
back, I noticed the Algar increase in the pool. After cleaning the
filter as before I added some Shock. had the pump running 8 hrs a day
for a week. I started noticing filter PSI started to increae by 10
already. I took out the filter assembly and noticed a lot of DE powder
not attached to the filter grid, instead piled up at bottome of
housing. I cleaned that and put back the assembly. Initial PSI was at
18(normal).. But PSI increased by 10 in 2 hours of running pump and
the suction power was almost gone! What is the cause? and replacing
filter grids will solve it? I really appreciate it if any one can
share similar experience. my filter is
STR-RITE 84548-2 48 sqft D.E. vertical filter.

Thanks a lot. -pck